Montessori challenge – the planning!
This coming Thursday, I will go live on FB for the second month of the #montessorihousechallenge. I hope you will be able to join me or to watch the replay later.
I’ve been very busy since the first video making lots of changes in my house but also in my “life” in general in order to simplify it, to bring more of Montessori at home, to promote independence for my children and to help us all to connect as a family. (or I would say that the connection is a natural consequence of the changes).
So the challenge itself will be as follow:
- January: Bathroom
- February: kitchen, snack and food preparation
- March: Cloakroom, getting ready to go out of the house
- April: Clothes storage in children’s bedroom and dressing skills activities.
- May: Art area, how to access art material, art activities and process art
- June: Books: storage, display, rotation, reality based books
- July: Toys storage and rotation
- August: Hopefully, a video during our camping trip or time abroad!
While writing this list, I realize that I don’t have enough “house” ideas to cover 12 months properly unless I repeat myself. So from September, what would you like me to show you? What would you like me to talk about? Let me know in comment as I’m open to your ideas!
See you this Thursday!