I like to vary the activities I provide in the Montessori playgroup. This half-term, I will present many Spring inspired activities.
So here our new trays:
– sorting flowers by colour: the flowers counters come from a game and I added some home-made laminated flowers (cost £0 as I had already everything)
- inset for design: I only have this one available for the session to invite them to draw flowers.
- Flower stamp (from my huge scrapbooking collection!)
- I found this free (and many more) printable here
- Cards and counters with flowers (and mushrooms!). Again the counters come from one of our board game.
- Melissa and Doug pattern block (find it here), I like the Melissa and Doug brand but in general, I simplify the activity by presenting one board at a time, the child has all the blocks he need to make the pictures on both side (one side at a time). I think the game presented in its entirety is more suitable for children over 3 when they can focus for a longer time.
- And always one open ended activity: here I use the Grimm stacking cubes, some cute animals from a board game, artificial flower bouquet from Wilko (I cut the flowers) and some stone number counters (find similar one on Imagido!)
And in your home or classroom, what is new on your shelves?