Fiction or reality? My favourite Montessori children’s books
- Rod Campbell’s books: Dear Zoo is a firm favourite and I like to make a story basket with this one. I also love the series with Buster
- Books with real pictures: Global baby will fascinate your baby or toddler. Did you know that babies are programmed to react more to pictures of human beings? (I have the French version of this one ;-))
- Cleo the Cat was my daughter’s first board book. Of course, it’s a keeper in our house and we read it again and again. It is now well loved in the playgroup.
- The same author Caroline Mockford has some other lovely books, all reality based and so Montessori friendly (as most of the books published by Barefoot books). Here two other favourites
- My youngest was obsessed with dogs when he was a toddler. Before he could talk, he was signing “dog” so I bought him a few dogs related books and this one is still so great!
- Hug from Jez Alborough is such a good book too! A bit less realistic as a monkey is not supposed to say Hug and all the wild animals are not supposed to hug each other but so simple for young children. My two were big fan and were so happy to “read” it themselves (because they knew it by hearth obviously).